Friday, October 28, 2011

One Year Later!

One year ago today, Addison woke up in her new home for the first time.  I remember that first night; I couldn't bring myself to put her into her 'big' bed all by herself, so I snuggled her in between Scott and I...she slept sideways most of the night...we didn't sleep at all, with all the excitement of having her home, and with little feet and elbows jammed into our sides...she was a very quiet little angel...fascinated by the newness of everything around her...including us...BUT THEN

about 5 days in, she began to get her mojo back...there was a swagger in her step...she began to challenge us on pretty much everything...BUT THEN

I knew she'd be OK...my little pumpkin is very resilient...she loves life...and us...PHEW...

1 comment:

  1. Wow it's hard to believe that a year has passed already...it seems like yesterday that you got home! How awesome that she's doing so well. I'm thrilled for you. ENjoy this incredible anniversary day!!!!

    Blessings,

    RUth

    ReplyDelete