Friday, October 8, 2010

A Canadian Citizen!

Addison is now a Canadian Citizen!  I received an e-mail back yesterday from the Immigration office that it is now official, and "a letter is on its way"!  We're hoping her Visa arrives in Addis Ababa next week to allow us to travel either Friday evening or Saturday.  I'm so excited I can hardly think about anything else!

So it looks like she WILL be home for Halloween after all...hmmmm, now what to dress her up as?  Perhaps a maple leaf since she's a new Canadian?  (the tree kind, not the hockey kind - she would have to be a Montreal Canadien before a Toronto Maple Leaf - her Daddy wouldn't have it any other way!)  I will of course post Halloween pics for everyone to see (that is, if she's not too scared to go outside dressed up, might be a little overwhelming, we'll see).  Here's a new picture of her we just received.  She looks so grown up already! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so happy for you and Addison both!! Many, many congratulations!!!!!

    I guess she's going to get to try out that magnificent play structure this year after all!

    Blessings,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear right up! She is so beautiful... you're almost done this crazy ride, and you can settle in as a family. I'm so, so happy for you Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, finally, I'm so happy for you!! Cannot wait for the pictures.

    Have a safe trip and keep us posted!

    Yay!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. So trilled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    All the best getting read to fly and bring her home ( insert YES WE DID here )

    Wow that is pretty exciting to type I can not even how exciting you must be feeling.

    Look forward to hearing more
    love Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't wait to meet her! Have a good trip and take lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's about flippin time!!! Sooooooo happy for you!!! Can't wait to meet her!

    Steph :-)
    PS if you need chauffering home from the airport let me know!!

    ReplyDelete